Chocolate vanilla chia pudding
(at time of publication)
- ½ cup chia seeds (a mix of black and white works well)
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla paste (see tip)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- ¾ cup low-fat Greek-style yoghurt
- 25g raw cacao, grated
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 kiwifruit, sliced, to garnish
- In a bowl, place chia seeds, milk and vanilla and mix together. Chill in the fridge overnight.
- When ready to serve, stir with a spoon to break up any clumps. Stir in maple syrup, ¼ cup of the yoghurt and half of the cacao.
- Layer into dishes with a few blueberries. Top with kiwifruit and remaining blueberries, cacao and yoghurt, if desired. Serve chilled.
- You can use vanilla essence if you don’t have paste, but the flavour will be less intense.
Make it gluten free: Check almond milk and Greek-style yoghurt are gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 9g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 8g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information