Chicken and pumpkin stir-fry
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 400g udon noodles
- 5cm piece fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon oil plus oil spray
- 2 onions, sliced
- 1 red chilli, deseeded, sliced, or dried chilli flakes
- 500g lean chicken breast or tenderloins, cut in strips
- 500g pumpkin, cut in chunks
- 200g bok choy, shredded
Total fat 9g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 5g
1 Cook noodles following packet directions. Drain and add half the ginger. Toss and keep warm.
2 Heat half the oil in a non-stick pan or wok over a high heat. Add onions, chilli and remaining ginger. Stir-fry for 2-3 minutes.
3 Add chicken and cook for 3 more minutes or until browned. Add pumpkin with remaining oil and a little oil spray, if necessary, and cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add bok choy and cook for a few more minutes.
4 Add noodles to wok or pan and toss. Heat through. Season to taste. Serve stir-fry garnished with fresh coriander if you prefer.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free noodles.