Chicken cobb saladReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 8 small new potatoes (650g), scrubbed
- spray oil
- 400g skinless chicken breast, sliced thinly
- 400g can no-added-salt corn sweetcornXkernels, drained, rinsed
- 4 cups watercress
- ½ avocado, cut in chunks
- 4 spring onions, sliced thinly
- 6 tomatoes, cut in quarters
- ½ cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons apple ciderhard ciderX vinegar
- 1 teaspoon wholegrain mustard
1 Place potatoes in a saucepan and just cover with water. Bring to the boil and cook for 8-10 minutes until tender. Drain. When cool enough to handle, cut in half.
2 Meanwhile, spray a large frying pan with oil and place over a high heat. Add chicken and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes until cooked though. Set aside.
3 In a large bowl combine the remaining ingredients (but not dressing ingredients) Gently mix to combine. Shake dressing ingredients in a small jar and add to salad. Toss gently to mix.
4 Divide salad among 4 plates. Top with chicken. Season with freshly ground black pepper to taste.
See our article 40 meals in 20 minutes for more quick and tasty meal ideas.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 19g
–Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 9g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information