Egg net omelette with spicy pork and veges
(at time of publication)
- 3 teaspoons sesame oil
- 500g pork mince
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped ginger
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 cups finely chopped broccoli
- 4 cups finely chopped mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 carrots, julienned or peeled in ribbons
- 1 cup sweet corn sweetcornXkernels
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- sliced fresh chilli, to garnish (optional)
- In a large frying pan over medium-high, heat 1 teaspoon of the sesame oil. Add pork mince and stir-fry until browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, add another teaspoon of the oil. Add garlic, ginger, chives, broccoli and mushrooms and stir-fry for about 8 minutes, or until veges are tender. Add pork to pan. Add sweet chilli and oyster sauces, plus 1/2 cup water. Stir to combine and add carrot and sweetcorn. Cook until water is absorbed. Set pan aside and keep warm.
- In a smaller pan, heat remaining sesame oil over high. Strain beaten egg using a small fine mesh strainer. Transfer mixture to a jug or a squeeze bottle. Drizzle 1/4 of the egg mixture into pan in a lattice pattern and leave to cook. You can turn the net over to brown both sides, but it will cook through without turning. Repeat to make 4 separate egg nets.
- To serve, place each egg net on a plate. Spoon pork mixture over one half then fold egg net over the top. Serve extra pork mixture on the side. Garnish with fresh chillies (if desired).
Make it gluten free: Check sauces are gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 17g
–Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 7g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us