Egg net omelette with spicy pork and vegesReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 3 teaspoons sesame oil
- 500g pork mince
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped ginger
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 cups finely chopped broccoli
- 4 cups finely chopped mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 carrots, julienned or peeled in ribbons
- 1 cup sweet corn sweetcornXkernels
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- sliced fresh chilli, to garnish (optional)
- In a large frying pan over medium-high, heat 1 teaspoon of the sesame oil. Add pork mince and stir-fry until browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, add another teaspoon of the oil. Add garlic, ginger, chives, broccoli and mushrooms and stir-fry for about 8 minutes, or until veges are tender. Add pork to pan. Add sweet chilli and oyster sauces, plus 1/2 cup water. Stir to combine and add carrot and sweetcorn. Cook until water is absorbed. Set pan aside and keep warm.
- In a smaller pan, heat remaining sesame oil over high. Strain beaten egg using a small fine mesh strainer. Transfer mixture to a jug or a squeeze bottle. Drizzle 1/4 of the egg mixture into pan in a lattice pattern and leave to cook. You can turn the net over to brown both sides, but it will cook through without turning. Repeat to make 4 separate egg nets.
- To serve, place each egg net on a plate. Spoon pork mixture over one half then fold egg net over the top. Serve extra pork mixture on the side. Garnish with fresh chillies (if desired).
Make it gluten free: Check sauces are gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 17g
–Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 7g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information