Chicken, corn and red capsicum fritters
(at time of publication)
- ⅓ cup (80ml) trim milk
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup self-raising flour
- 300g (about 2 cups) shredded cooked chicken breast
- 400g can corn, drained, rinsed
- 1 small red capsicum, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriandercilantroX
- 1 long red chilli, seeded, finely chopped
- oil spray
- 4 tablespoons tomato relish
- 4 cups green salad, to serve
1 In a large bowl whisk together milk and eggs. Gradually whisk in flour until smooth and well combined. Add chicken, corn, capsicum, coriander and chilli.
2 Spray a large frying pan with oil and place over a medium-high heat. Spoon 1/4 cup of mixture per fritter into pan, 3 fritters at a time.
Cook for 3 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through. Continue with the remaining batter to make 12 fritters, spraying pan with more oil if necessary. Serve fritters with tomato relish and salad.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 11g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 5g
- If you are short on time, try using canned chicken.
- Try substituting a roasted capsicum for the raw one for extra flavour.
- Make it gluten free: Use rice flour instead of standard flour and check tomato relish is gluten free.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us