Chicken marbella with chickpeas and prunes
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- oil spray
- 6 (total 900g) skinless chicken breasts, each cut into thirds
- 6 prunes
- 2 tablespoons pitted kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 x 420g cans chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX, drained
- 1 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 6 cups sliced silver beet
- 4 cups cooked brown rice, to serve
Total fat 10g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 12g
- Spray a pan with oil and set over a medium heat. Add chicken and cook, stirring for 2 minutes.
- Add prunes, olives, wine, vinegar, honey, chickpeas, 4 tablespoons water and 1 teaspoon salt. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add peas and silver beet, cook for 5 minutes until silver beet is wilted.
- Serve marbella on top of rice, garnished with parsley.
Cutting dairy out of your diet for health reasons or because you’re vegan doesn’t have to be a chore. Healthy Food Guide has an extensive collection of healthy dairy-free recipes to make the transition easy and delicious. Browse hundreds of gluten-free recipes. Easy and healthy gluten free meals, delicious cakes and desserts. Browse hundreds of high-fibre recipes. Delicious and healthy meal ideas with high fibre ingredients. Browse hundreds of high-protein recipes. Boost your protein intake with our delicious and healthy meal ideas. Browse hundreds of low sodium recipes. Lower your sodium intake with delicious and healthy meal ideas.
Author: Sam Campbell -
Photographer: Bryce Carleton
First published: Sep 20172017-10-03 18:09:25
Ready to put your health first?
© Healthy Life Media LimitedAll rights reservedReproduction without permission prohibited