Roast beef with horseradish and herb crust
- 1kg beef bolar roast
- 4 tablespoons horseradish sauce
- 2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriandercilantroX
- 4 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- olive spray oil
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 Preheat oven to 160°C. Trim beef of any visible fat. Place beef joint in a large roasting dish.
2 Mix together horseradish, mustard, herbs and breadcrumbs. Use to coat outside of beef. Weigh beef. Spray with a little olive oil.
3 Cook beef for 30-35 minutes per 500g. One kilo takes about 1 1/4 hours (with the crust) to cook. Spray several times with oil during cooking. Test beef is cooked by piercing meat (juices should run clear).
4 Leave to rest for 10 minutes before carving. Serve with roasted vegetables and steamed vegetables.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free horseradish sauce, mustard and breadcrumbs.
- If meat has been refrigerated, bring to room temperature before cooking.
- To rest a joint, leave meat in a warm place for at least 15 minutes so it doesn’t get cold. Resting a joint is essential as the meat relaxes and becomes more tender to make carving easier.
You may find this article helpful:
More delicious roast beef recipes:
Traditional roast beef and vegetables
Rare roast beef with rice salad
Roast beef with beets and potato salad
Roasted vegetables and seared beef with mustard cream
Roasted beef and winter vegetables with currant gravy
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 8g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 1g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like
RELATED ADVICE LATEST ADVICE
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.