Roast beef with horseradish and herb crustReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 1kg beef bolar roast
- 4 tablespoons horseradish sauce
- 2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriandercilantroX
- 4 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- olive spray oil
1 Preheat oven to 160°C. Trim beef of any visible fat. Place beef joint in a large roasting dish.
2 Mix together horseradish, mustard, herbs and breadcrumbs. Use to coat outside of beef. Weigh beef. Spray with a little olive oil.
3 Cook beef for 30-35 minutes per 500g. One kilo takes about 1 1/4 hours (with the crust) to cook. Spray several times with oil during cooking. Test beef is cooked by piercing meat (juices should run clear).
4 Leave to rest for 10 minutes before carving. Serve with roasted vegetables and steamed vegetables.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free horseradish sauce, mustard and breadcrumbs.
- If meat has been refrigerated, bring to room temperature before cooking.
- To rest a joint, leave meat in a warm place for at least 15 minutes so it doesn’t get cold. Resting a joint is essential as the meat relaxes and becomes more tender to make carving easier.
You may find this article helpful:
More delicious roast beef recipes:
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 8g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 1g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information