Fragrant poached chicken
- 2 cups salt-reduced chicken stock
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon salt-reduced soy sauce
- 3 star anise
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 3cm piece ginger, peeled, sliced
- 4 x 150g skinless chicken breast fillets
- 2 teaspoons cornflourcornstarchX
- 1 tablespoon water
- 4 cups steamed rice, to serve
- 3 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- 4 cups steamed bok choy, to serve
- 4 cups steamed broccoli, to serve
1 Combine stock, water, soy sauce, star anise, cinnamon, oil and ginger in a large deep frying pan. Add chicken. Place over a medium heat. Bring to a gentle simmer.
2 Reduce heat and cook for 10-12 minutes, or until chicken is cooked. Drain, reserving 1 1/4 cups of stock. Transfer chicken to a large plate and cover. Place reserved stock in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Combine cornflour and water in a bowl, then add to stock. Stir until well combined and thick. Remove from heat.
3 Spoon rice onto 4 serving plates. Slice chicken and place on rice. Spoon over sauce and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve with steamed bok choy and broccoli.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 8g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 6g
Make it gluten free: Check stock and soy sauce are gluten free.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us