Lime-chilli chicken skewers with veges
(at time of publication)
- wooden skewers, presoaked in cold water
- Lime-chilli marinade
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 limes, zest and juice
- 2 tablespoons liquid honey
- ¾ teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 500g chicken breast fillets, cut in strips
- 250g punnet cherry tomatoes
- 2 yellow capsicums, cut in chunks
- 12 button mushrooms
- 2 cobs corn, halved
- spray oil
- 2 large (75g) wholemeal pita breads
1 Preheat barbecue to a high heat. To make marinade, place marinade ingredients in a jar. Shake then transfer to a bowl. Add chicken to coat then thread meat onto skewers.
2 Thread vegetables onto separate skewers. Spray all skewers and corn cobs with oil.
3 Cook chicken for 7-10 minutes, turning several times and brushing with any remaining marinade until cooked. Cook vegetable skewers and corn until tender and lightly charred. Serve skewers with a piece of corn and half a wholemeal pita bread.
- For added flavour sprinkle skewers with extra dried chilli flakes before cooking.
- Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free pita bread.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 7g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 6g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.