Lime-chilli chicken skewers with veges
(at time of publication)
- wooden skewers, presoaked in cold water
- Lime-chilli marinade
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 limes, zest and juice
- 2 tablespoons liquid honey
- ¾ teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 500g chicken breast fillets, cut in strips
- 250g punnet cherry tomatoes
- 2 yellow capsicums, cut in chunks
- 12 button mushrooms
- 2 cobs corn, halved
- oil spray
- 2 large (75g) wholemeal pita breads
1 Preheat barbecue to a high heat. To make marinade, place marinade ingredients in a jar. Shake then transfer to a bowl. Add chicken to coat then thread meat onto skewers.
2 Thread vegetables onto separate skewers. Spray all skewers and corn cobs with oil.
3 Cook chicken for 7-10 minutes, turning several times and brushing with any remaining marinade until cooked. Cook vegetable skewers and corn until tender and lightly charred. Serve skewers with a piece of corn and half a wholemeal pita bread.
- For added flavour sprinkle skewers with extra dried chilli flakes before cooking.
- Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free pita bread.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 7g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 6g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us