Chicken noodle salad
- 200g rice noodles
- 1 tablespoon tamari soy sauce
- 2 cups cooked chicken meat, chilled and chopped
- 4 small vine-ripened tomatoes, quartered
- red onion 1 small, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 orange or yellow capsicum, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 2 tablespoons each finely chopped parsley, mint and coriandercilantroX
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime or lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- fresh chilli, chopped (optional)
- salt and pepper as desired
1 Stand rice noodles in boiling water, stirring occasionally, for about 6 minutes or until cooked. Drain thoroughly. Sprinkle with tamari sauce. Set aside.
2 Combine chicken with all prepared vegetables and herbs, then toss with noodles.
3 Whisk olive oil with lime or lemon juice, adding crushed garlic, chilli (if using), salt and pepper to taste.
4 Toss the chicken noodle salad with the dressing and pile into a big serving bowl or platter.Recipe supplied by Healthy Food Guide reader, Diane Davidson (Auckland)
Diane says: “Now that summer is upon us – this is a colourful, healthy, no-fuss recipe that makes the most of leftover cooked chicken.”
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 17.9g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 2.6g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.