Roasted chicken breast with ratatouille
- 2 large courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, cut in 2cm cubes
- 1 large red capsicum, seeded, cut in 2cm squares
- 1 large red onion, cut in 2cm cubes
- 1 small eggplantaubergineX (300g), cut in 2cm cubes
- spray oil
- 4 x 150g skinless chicken breast fillets
- 250g punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 420g can cannellini beans, drained, rinsed
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- freshly ground black pepper
- balsamic vinegar, to serve
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 Preheat oven to 200°C. Place courgettes, capsicum, red onion and eggplant in a single layer in a large roasting dish. Spray with oil. Place in oven for 10 minutes.
2 Heat a large non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Spray with oil. Cook chicken for 2 minutes each side until golden brown.
3 Remove vegetables from oven. Add tomatoes, cannellini beans and thyme. Place chicken breasts in a single layer on top of roasted vegetables. Season with pepper. Return to oven and roast for 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are golden and tender.
4 Divide vegetables among 4 serving plates. Top each with a piece of chicken. Drizzle with a little balsamic.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 8g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 8g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like
RELATED ADVICE LATEST ADVICE
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.