Roasted chicken breast with ratatouilleReviewed by our expert panel
- 2 large courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, cut in 2cm cubes
- 1 large red capsicum, seeded, cut in 2cm squares
- 1 large red onion, cut in 2cm cubes
- 1 small eggplantaubergineX (300g), cut in 2cm cubes
- spray oil
- 4 x 150g skinless chicken breast fillets
- 250g punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 420g can cannellini beans, drained, rinsed
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- freshly ground black pepper
- balsamic vinegar, to serve
1 Preheat oven to 200°C. Place courgettes, capsicum, red onion and eggplant in a single layer in a large roasting dish. Spray with oil. Place in oven for 10 minutes.
2 Heat a large non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Spray with oil. Cook chicken for 2 minutes each side until golden brown.
3 Remove vegetables from oven. Add tomatoes, cannellini beans and thyme. Place chicken breasts in a single layer on top of roasted vegetables. Season with pepper. Return to oven and roast for 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are golden and tender.
4 Divide vegetables among 4 serving plates. Top each with a piece of chicken. Drizzle with a little balsamic.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 8g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 8g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information