Chicken noodle soup
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1 small cooked chicken
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, grated
- 3 cups salt-reduced chicken stock
- 3 cups water
- 280g pack dried egg noodles
- 300g can corn sweetcornXkernels, drained
Total fat 13g
Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 6g
1 Remove chicken meat from bones. Discard skin. Shred chicken (about 2 cups) and set aside.
2 Heat oil in a large, deep saucepan over a medium heat. Add spring onions. Cook for 1 minute. Add garlic and ginger. Cook for 1 minute. Add stock and water, then bring to the boil.
3 Add noodles, corn and chicken. Cook for 5-7 minutes, or until noodles are tender and chicken is heated through. Serve.