Portable chicken noodle soup
- ¼ teaspoon chicken stock powder
- ¼ teaspoon minced garlic
- 2-3 slices dried mushrooms, e.g. shiitake (optional)
- dash white pepper
- ⅓ cup frozen corn sweetcornXkernels
- ½ carrot, julienned
- 2 Brussels sprouts, finely sliced
- ½ cup shredded cooked chicken
- 175g Singapore noodles
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
1 Layer all ingredients except parsley in a 750ml capacity or larger jar in the order listed. Keep parsley in a separate container.
2 When ready to eat, open the jar, fill with boiling water and close and seal the lid. Leave to soak for 2 minutes.
3 Open the jar, stir noodles well and tip into a bowl if desired. Top with parsley. You can also tip noodles into a bowl to eat.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free noodles and check stock is gluten free.
- Use ‘shelf-fresh’ noodles, which are precooked and just need to be heated by pouring over boiling water. Break up with a fork before adding to the jar.
- You could also use noodles from instant noodle packs, but check the labels on these — some contain palm oil, which makes them high in saturated fat.
- Or use noodles you’ve precooked. Run them under cold water before packing in the jar.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 25g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 9g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like