Portable chicken noodle soup
(at time of publication)
- ¼ teaspoon chicken stock powder
- ¼ teaspoon minced garlic
- 2-3 slices dried mushrooms, e.g. shiitake (optional)
- dash white pepper
- ⅓ cup frozen corn sweetcornXkernels
- ½ carrot, julienned
- 2 Brussels sprouts, finely sliced
- ½ cup shredded cooked chicken
- 175g Singapore noodles
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
1 Layer all ingredients except parsley in a 750ml capacity or larger jar in the order listed. Keep parsley in a separate container.
2 When ready to eat, open the jar, fill with boiling water and close and seal the lid. Leave to soak for 2 minutes.
3 Open the jar, stir noodles well and tip into a bowl if desired. Top with parsley. You can also tip noodles into a bowl to eat.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free noodles and check stock is gluten free.
- Use ‘shelf-fresh’ noodles, which are precooked and just need to be heated by pouring over boiling water. Break up with a fork before adding to the jar.
- You could also use noodles from instant noodle packs, but check the labels on these — some contain palm oil, which makes them high in saturated fat.
- Or use noodles you’ve precooked. Run them under cold water before packing in the jar.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 25g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 9g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.