Chicken thighs with dukkah couscous salad
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 5 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1/4 cups Israeli couscous
- 4 teaspoons dukkah
- 450g skinless boneless chicken thighs
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 ripe avocado, cubed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 200g boiled or steamed chopped asparagus, green beans or snow peas
- 1/3 cup pitted dates, finely chopped
Total fat 24g
Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 9g
- In a large saucepan, heat one teaspoon of the oil over medium-high. Add couscous and half the dukkah and cook, stirring well, for 1 minute. Add 2 1/2 cups of boiling water. Reduce heat and simmer for 8-10 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed. Set aside and keep warm.
- In a large pan, heat remaining oil over high. Add chicken and reduce heat to medium. Cook for 3 minutes. Sprinkle remaining dukkah over chicken. Cook, turning once, for a further 2-3 minutes, or until cooked through and lightly golden.
- Mix remaining ingredients through couscous mixture.
- To serve, divide couscous and vegetable mixture among 4 plates, top with chicken and garnish with chopped fresh mint or basil.
The couscous salad can be made in advance and kept in the fridge.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us