Chickpea and egg burgers
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
Kenwood Food Processor
2 x 390g cans Delmaine ChickpeaGarbanzoXsGarbanzosX, drained, rinsed
2 tablespoons Ceres Organics Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 lemon, zest and juice
1 teaspoon Countdown Select Ground Cumin
1 teaspoon Countdown Select Smoked Paprika
2-3 tablespoons Countdown Select Peri Peri Sauce
2 spring onions, chopped
2 teaspoons Ceres Organics Hulled Tahini
2 tablespoons chopped peppadew peppersbell peppersX
2/3 cup Sanitarium Skippy Cornflakes
3 tablespoons chopped Palmers Fresh CorianderCilantroX
2 tablespoons Tasti Sesame Seeds
1 New Day Free Range Egg
Countdown Select Salt and Countdown Select Black Pepper, season
1 mango, peeled, diced
1 small cucumber, grated
1 red onion, finely chopped
2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
3 courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, spiralised
2 tablespoons Best Foods Garlic Mayonnaise
Dot’s Cooking Oil Spray
6 New Day Free Range Eggs
6 tablespoons Best Foods Garlic Mayonnaise
6 wholegrain round bread rolls, halved
3 cups Vitalvegetables Vitalheart Salad Mix
3 tomatoes, sliced
Total fat 23g
Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 14g
- Place all burger patty ingredients in food processor and process until they form a chunky texture. Divide mixture in 6 even-sized balls. Wet hands and form in patties. Makes quite wet patties, so cover and chill for at least 1 hour (or overnight) before cooking.
- Meanwhile, place all salad ingredients in a bowl and mix together.
- When ready to eat, spray a hot frying pan with oil and cook burger patties for 2-3 minutes, turning once, until golden.
- Spray pan again with oil and fry eggs gently.
- To assemble burgers, spread 1/2 tablespoon mayonnaise on each bread roll bottom half. Top with salad mix followed by tomato, burger pattie and fried egg. Top with the other bread roll half and serve with side salad.