(at time of publication)
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup castor sugar
- ¾ cup flour
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ teaspoon mixed spice
- ½ teaspoon vanilla essence
- ½ cup icingfrostingX sugar
- hot water to mix
- fresh or dried fruit, lolliessweets, candyX, sprinkles, silver balls or other appropriate decorations
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a muffin tin with patty cases.
2 Use a cake mixer to beat sugar and eggs together, until pale and thick and trebled in volume.
3 Combine flour, cranberries and mixed spice and vanilla. Fold this gently into the egg mixture.
4 Spoon mixture into prepared patty cases and bake for 10-15 minutes, or until golden and springy when gently pressed. Allow to cool then ice as below.
Combine icing sugar and a little water to make a spreadable consistency. Ice the top of each cupcake and decorate with sprinkles or dried cranberries.
For Xmas gifts
- Pack sugar into a small ziplock bag, with a tag saying ‘Step 1 Cream this sugar with 3 eggs.’
- Pack all other dry ingredients – flour, dried fruit, mixed spice – into another bag with a tag saying ‘Step 2 Add this to the wet ingredients.’
- Pack icing sugar into another bag with a tag that has instructions for icing.
- Pack everything in a gift box or tin with tissue, a copy of the recipe and instructions, decorating items, and some cute paper patty cases.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 2g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 1g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.