Chilli pumpkin and coconut soup with bread crisps
- 4 mountainbread wraps, cut into wedges
- 2 x 500g cans or pouches store-bought pumpkin soup (we used Pitango Organic Pumpkin & Ginger Soup)
- 400ml can light coconut milk
- 1½ cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 2 cups thinly sliced green beans
- 1 long red chilli, thinly sliced
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- fresh coriandercilantroX sprigs, to garnish
1 Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. On tray, place bread wedges and spray with olive oil. Bake for 6 minutes, turning halfway through cooking, or until golden brown. Remove from oven. Cool on tray (the bread will crisp).
2 Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine soup and coconut milk and stir over medium heat for 5 minutes, or until the mixture boils. Add the chicken, broccoli and green beans and cook for 3 minutes, or until broccoli is tender. Remove soup from the heat. Stir in sliced chilli.
3 Top soup with bean sprouts and coriander sprigs. Serve with bread crisps.
Make it low FODMAP: Swap garlic for garlic-infused oil, cauliflower for broccoli, and red onion for 1 cup green leek.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free wraps and check soup is gluten free.
Check out all our soup recipes here, or see below for pumpkin soups:
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 12g
–Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 6g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.