Coriander, mint and chilli steak with chickpea salad
(at time of publication)
- CorianderCilantroX, mint and chilli rub
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriandercilantroX
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- ¼ – ½ teaspoon chilli flakes
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon ground coriandercilantroX
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 x 125g sirloin steaks, trimmed
- 200g green beans, trimmed, sliced
- 2 x 400g cans chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX in spring water, drained, rinsed
- 1 small bunch spinach, trimmed, leaves shredded
- 3 tomatoes, deseeded, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriandercilantroX leaves
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
1 Mix all rub ingredients together.
2 Coat sirloin steaks evenly on both sides with rub. Leave steaks to absorb rub for 5 minutes.
3 Meanwhile, immerse beans in a saucepan of boiling water to blanch for 2-3 minutes or until just tender. Refresh under cold running water then drain.
4 Place blanched beans in a salad bowl with remaining ingredients. Season salad with cracked black pepper and toss.
5 Set a grill pan or large non-stick frying pan over a medium–high heat (or heat BBQ to medium-high). Cook steaks for 2-3 minutes each side (for medium), or until done to your liking. Transfer cooked steaks to a large plate, cover and leave to rest for about 3 minutes.
6 Divide chickpea salad among 4 plates and top each with a coriander, mint and chilli steak then serve.
Make it gluten free: Check ground coriander in rub is gluten free.
This rub also fires up grilled lamb and chicken.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 20g
–Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 12g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us