Coriander, mint and chilli steak with chickpea salad
- CorianderCilantroX, mint and chilli rub
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriandercilantroX
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- ¼ – ½ teaspoon chilli flakes
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon ground coriandercilantroX
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 x 125g sirloin steaks, trimmed
- 200g green beans, trimmed, sliced
- 2 x 400g cans chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX in spring water, drained, rinsed
- 1 small bunch spinach, trimmed, leaves shredded
- 3 tomatoes, deseeded, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriandercilantroX leaves
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
1 Mix all rub ingredients together.
2 Coat sirloin steaks evenly on both sides with rub. Leave steaks to absorb rub for 5 minutes.
3 Meanwhile, immerse beans in a saucepan of boiling water to blanch for 2-3 minutes or until just tender. Refresh under cold running water then drain.
4 Place blanched beans in a salad bowl with remaining ingredients. Season salad with cracked black pepper and toss.
5 Set a grill pan or large non-stick frying pan over a medium–high heat (or heat BBQ to medium-high). Cook steaks for 2-3 minutes each side (for medium), or until done to your liking. Transfer cooked steaks to a large plate, cover and leave to rest for about 3 minutes.
6 Divide chickpea salad among 4 plates and top each with a coriander, mint and chilli steak then serve.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 20g
–Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 12g
Make it gluten free: Check ground coriander in rub is gluten free.
This rub also fires up grilled lamb and chicken.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us