Courgette, feta and mint fritters with chilli jam
(at time of publication)
- 1 spring onion, green part only, finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint, plus extra to garnish
- 4 cups grated courgette (about 3 large courgetteszucchini, summer squashX)
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup (50g) crumbled feta
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- pinch salt
- black pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons chilli jamjellyX or relish, to serve
1 In a large bowl, place all ingredients except jam or relish and mix well.
2 Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high. Place small spoonfuls of fritter mixture into pan and cook, turning, until browned on both sides and cooked through. Cook in batches until all mixture is used up.
3 Serve fritters topped with a little chilli jam and extra mint.
Make it low FODMAP: Use an onion and garlic-free jam or relish and stick to one fritter per serve.
These fritters can be made ahead and served cold or warm.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 2g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 0g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.