Courgette, lentil, feta and mint spaghetti
(at time of publication)
- 250g wholemeal spaghetti
- 200g green beans, trimmed, diagonally sliced
- 3 medium courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, trimmed
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon zest of lemon
- 420g can no-added-salt lentils, rinsed, drained (or 400g in spring water)
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint, plus extra leaves, to garnish
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 40g reduced-salt feta, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- freshly ground black pepper
1 Cook spaghetti, according to packet instructions in a large saucepan of boiling water until al dente. Add green beans for last 2 minutes of cooking time. Drain well and return to pan.
2 Meanwhile, slice courgettes into long, thin strands or grate coarsely.
3 Set a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Heat olive oil. Add onion and cook gently for 5 minutes, or until soft. Add garlic and lemon zest. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute, or until mixture is fragrant.
4 Add lentils to pan and stir for 1 minute, or until heated through. Add courgette strands and cook for 1 minute or until just bright green (do not overcook).
5 Add lentil mixture to saucepan of cooked pasta and green beans. Add mint, parsley, feta and lemon juice. Toss to combine.
6 Divide pasta among 4 plates and season with pepper. Garnish with extra mint leaves and serve.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free spaghetti.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 7g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 13g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.