Couscous and chickpea salad
(at time of publication)
- ¾ cup couscous
- ¾ cup boiling water
- 300g can chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX, drained
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- ¼ cup walnuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons walnut or olive oil
- 2 cups rocketarugulaX (or any salad greens)
- 2 tablespoons chopped dried fruit (pears, apricots, dates)
1 Pour the boiling water over the couscous in a heatproof bowl. Cover the bowl with a plate and set aside for a few minutes while you chop the other ingredients and open the cans.
2 After 5 minutes, fluff the couscous with a fork. Add all the other ingredients, toss well to combine.
Jazz it up: add chopped leftover roast veges (pumpkin and kumara are lovely), chopped cooked meat – chicken, beef, lamb, add canned salmon or tuna.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 14.7g
–Saturated fat 2.7g
Dietary fibre 4.8g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information