Creamy chicken pasta
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 350g skinless chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 300g penne or other pasta
- 1/3 cup no-oil sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup salt-reduced chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 200g button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup green beans, trimmed and sliced into 3cm pieces
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 1/3 cup light evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Total fat 5.4g
Saturated fat 1.4g
Dietary fibre 6.1g
1 Combine chicken and balsamic vinegar in a bowl and refrigerate. Pour 1 tablespoon boiling water over sun-dried tomatoes and set aside.
2 Cook pasta following packet directions. Drain and return to saucepan to keep warm. Once the pasta is cooked, drain chicken, reserving marinade. Add 1/4 cup stock to marinade and set aside.
3 Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Gently fry half the chicken for 1-2 minutes, until browned. Remove and repeat with remaining chicken.
4 Add remaining stock and marinade to pan with onion and rosemary and cook for 3 minutes. Add garlic, mushrooms and beans and cook for a further 3 minutes. Add chicken and tomatoes and stir for another minute, or until chicken is cooked through.
5 Remove from heat and add spinach, evaporated milk and parsley and stir until spinach has wilted. Stir sauce through warm pasta and serve immediately.
Vary the vegetables in this dish depending on what's in season: broccoli and bok choy would make nice additions.