Creamy mushroom and bacon macaroni
- 2 cups macaroni or other small pasta
- 2 rashers lean bacon, chopped
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 3 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups rocketarugulaX leaves
- ¼ cup light evaporated milk
- 4 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
1 Cook pasta following packet directions. Drain and save 1/4 cup cooking water.
2 In a non-stick pan, cook bacon with onions and mushrooms until softened.
3 Add hot pasta and toss well. Add evaporated milk and rocket. Heat through, stirring occasionally. Use cooking water to loosen, if needed. Sprinkle each serve with 1 tablespoon parmesan.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 4g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 2g
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free pasta, and check bacon is a gluten-free brand.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us