Cumin potatoes with dill sour creamReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 300g kumarasweet-potatoX, peeled, cut in 1.5cm slices
- 300g potatoes, peeled, cut in 1.5cm slices
- olive spray oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- Dill sour cream
- ½ cup fresh dill, chopped
- ⅓ cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ½ clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons skim milk
1 Steam kumara and potatoes until just softened. Spray with oil and sprinkle with cumin.
2 Heat barbecue and cook vegetables on a flat plate or grill (or both). Cook both sides until golden.
3 To make dill sour cream, combine half the dill with all other ingredients.
4 Arrange cooked potato and kumara pieces on a platter. Serve with dill sour cream (or yoghurt), sprinkled with remaining dill.
Serve as part of this three-course meal for four, cooked entirely on the barbecue!
Entrée: Prawn and scallop skewers
Main: Beef with artichoke and pea salsa
Vege side dishes: Barbecued asparagus and eggplant, Cumin potatoes with dill sour cream
Dessert: Warm fruit parcels with lemon sorbet
- For a lighter option on top of your potatoes, replace sour cream with reduced-fat, Greek-style natural yoghurt.
- Make it gluten free: Check mustard and sour cream (or Greek-style yoghurt) are gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 5g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 3g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information