Ginger and soy marinade
Time to make: 5 mins
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 7.5cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, grated
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 tablespoons salt-reduced soy sauce
- 1 orange, juice
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons mirin
Total fat 5g
Saturated fat 1g
dietary fibre N/S
1 Mix all ingredients together with 4-5 tablespoons water. Use to marinate your meat. Marinate for at least 1 hour or overnight.
2 Heat a non-stick pan until hot and cook meat for 3-4 minutes or until evenly seared on the outside. Leave to stand before slicing.
Works well with beef and lamb. Serve marinated meat with a green salad.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free soy sauce.
- Marinade keeps for 2 days in a sealed container in the fridge.
- Works well with beef and lamb.
- This marinade also works well with large pieces of meat. Make double the quantity for parties.
- Use lean cuts of meat.
- Place marinade and meat in a non-metallic dish to marinate.
- To allow flavours to be absorbed into the food, use a sharp knife to make slits in the surface of the meat before marinating.
- Once marinated, keep meat and fish in the fridge covered until ready to cook.
- Once cooked, leave meat to stand for 5-10 minutes to allow the meat to rest so the juices re-absorb into the meat.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)