Ginger and soy marinade
(at time of publication)
- 7.5cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, grated
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 tablespoons salt-reduced soy sauce
- 1 orange, juice
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons mirin
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 Mix all ingredients together with 4-5 tablespoons water. Use to marinate your meat. Marinate for at least 1 hour or overnight.
2 Heat a non-stick pan until hot and cook meat for 3-4 minutes or until evenly seared on the outside. Leave to stand before slicing.
Works well with beef and lamb. Serve marinated meat with a green salad.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free soy sauce.
- Marinade keeps for 2 days in a sealed container in the fridge.
- Works well with beef and lamb.
- This marinade also works well with large pieces of meat. Make double the quantity for parties.
- Use lean cuts of meat.
- Place marinade and meat in a non-metallic dish to marinate.
- To allow flavours to be absorbed into the food, use a sharp knife to make slits in the surface of the meat before marinating.
- Once marinated, keep meat and fish in the fridge covered until ready to cook.
- Once cooked, leave meat to stand for 5-10 minutes to allow the meat to rest so the juices re-absorb into the meat.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 5g
–Saturated fat 1g
dietary fibre N/S
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
RELATED ADVICE LATEST ADVICE
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.