Tofu with satay sauce
- 1 cup mango juice or pineapple juice
- 1 large clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon liquid honey
- 2 tablespoons reduced-salt soy sauce
- 300g firm tofu, cut in 1cm-thick slices
- Satay sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 onion
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ⅔ cup light coconut milk
- ½ cup liquid salt-reduced vegetable stock
- ¼ cup mango juice or pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon salt-reduced soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- ½ cup no-added-salt-or-sugar peanut butter
- spray oil
- 2 capsicums, cut in chunks
- 2 courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, sliced in chunks
- ½ head broccoli, cut into florets
- 3 cups cooked basmati rice
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 Combine all marinade ingredients in a shallow dish. Add sliced tofu, cover and place in fridge to marinate
2 To make satay sauce, heat oil in a saucepan. Add onion and garlic. Cook over a moderate heat until onion is transparent. Add remaining sauce ingredients and mix well. Bring to the boil then turn down the heat and simmer until sauce thickens. Set aside and keep warm.
3 Heat barbecue grill (or pan) until hot. Spray with oil and cook tofu (both sides) and vegetables for 4-5 minutes or until tofu is golden brown. Serve with sauce on the side and rice.Recipe supplied by Healthy Food Guide reader, Jodie Collins (Hamilton)
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 26g
–Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 7g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.