Paprika chicken with carrots and ricotta
(at time of publication)
- 2 whole chicken legs (skin removed)
- ½ cup reduced-salt chicken stock (or miso, made with 1 teaspoon miso paste to ½ cup water)
- ¼ cup white wine (optional)
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- black pepper
- 4 (440g) carrots, chopped in 2cm chunks
- 1 cup (120g) 2cm-cubed pumpkin
- 100g ricotta
- 1 teaspoon lemon-infused or plain olive oil
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon chilli flakes
- 2 cups rocketarugulaX leaves
- 1 tablespoon shaved parmesan
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Place chicken legs in a small roasting dish. Add stock and wine, if using, and sprinkle with paprika and black pepper.
- In a separate roasting dish, lined with baking paper, place carrots and pumpkin. Dollop ricotta in between vegetables in large spoonfuls. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with cumin and chilli flakes.
- Place chicken and vegetables in the oven and roast for 30-35 minutes, or until cooked.
- Remove both dishes from oven. Mix roasted vegetables with rocket leaves. Serve chicken with vegetables. Scatter over parmesan.
Make it gluten free: Check stock (or miso) and ground spices are gluten free.
Make it low FODMAP: Use buttercup pumpkin and low-FODMAP stock.
This recipe is from our Weeknight meal planner feature – everything you need for four nights of delicious, nutritionist-approved meals for two, for under $116. Just grab the shopping list and you’re ready!
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 17g
–Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 8g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.