Paprika chicken with carrots and ricotta
(at time of publication)
- 2 whole chicken legs (skin removed)
- ½ cup reduced-salt chicken stock (or miso, made with 1 teaspoon miso paste to ½ cup water)
- ¼ cup white wine (optional)
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- black pepper
- 4 (440g) carrots, chopped in 2cm chunks
- 1 cup (120g) 2cm-cubed pumpkin
- 100g ricotta
- 1 teaspoon lemon-infused or plain olive oil
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon chilli flakes
- 2 cups rocketarugulaX leaves
- 1 tablespoon shaved parmesan
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Place chicken legs in a small roasting dish. Add stock and wine, if using, and sprinkle with paprika and black pepper.
- In a separate roasting dish, lined with baking paper, place carrots and pumpkin. Dollop ricotta in between vegetables in large spoonfuls. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with cumin and chilli flakes.
- Place chicken and vegetables in the oven and roast for 30-35 minutes, or until cooked.
- Remove both dishes from oven. Mix roasted vegetables with rocket leaves. Serve chicken with vegetables. Scatter over parmesan.
Make it gluten free: Check stock (or miso) and ground spices are gluten free.
Make it low FODMAP: Use buttercup pumpkin and low-FODMAP stock.
This recipe is from our Weeknight meal planner feature – everything you need for four nights of delicious, nutritionist-approved meals for two, for under $116. Just grab the shopping list and you’re ready!
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 17g
–Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 8g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us