Grilled pork cutlets with warm chickpea salad
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 4 x 125g pork loin cutlets
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 x 400g cans chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX, drained, rinsed
- 1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 100g baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, cut in wedges
Total fat 14g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 10g
- Preheat oven to 160ºC. Place a large frying pan over a high heat and spray with oil. Cook pork for 2 minutes each side or until golden brown. Transfer to a baking tray and roast for 10 minutes or until cooked to your liking.
- Meanwhile, return pan to a medium heat and respray with a little oil. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until soft. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add tomatoes. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes. Add chickpeas, olives and spinach. Cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes or until spinach is just wilted and chickpeas are heated. Stir through balsamic and olive oil. Season with freshly ground black pepper.
- Divide chickpea salad among plates and top each with a pork cutlet and garnish with a lemon wedge.
Serve dish with a slice of ciabatta bread.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us