Pork and kumara curry
(at time of publication)
- 350g kumarasweet-potatoX, peeled, cut in 2cm cubes
- 500g lean pork steaks, diced
- ⅓ cup red curry paste
- 420g can no-added-salt chopped tomatoes
- ½ cup water
- 200g frozen vegetables such as beans or snow peas
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh coriandercilantroX
- 4 cups cooked basmati rice
1 Steam or microwave kumara for about 10 minutes, or until tender.
2 Meanwhile, spray a frying pan with oil and brown pork over a high heat. Lower heat, add curry paste and cook for 30 seconds, stirring. Add tomatoes and water. Simmer for 5 minutes. Add kumara. Cook for 2 minutes.
3 Add frozen vegetables to pan and stir until heated through. Scatter with coriander and serve with rice.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 5g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 6g
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free curry paste and canned tomatoes.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us