Grilled pork with beetroot, apple and quinoa coleslaw
(at time of publication)
- ⅓ cup quinoa, rinsed, drained
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds, crushed
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds, crushed
- 4 x 150g pork loin cutlets or chops
- 3 medium-sized beetrootbeetsXs, trimmed, peeled
- 1 large green apple, cored, cut in thin matchsticks
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ medium-sized red cabbage, trimmed, shredded
- ¼ cup roughly chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 ½ tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
1 Place quinoa in a medium-sized saucepan with 2/3 cup water and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low, cover pan and simmer for 12 minutes or until water has evaporated. Leave to cool.
2 Meanwhile, combine fennel seeds with caraway seeds and sprinkle evenly over pork cutlets. Season with black pepper.
3 Set a large, non-stick frying pan or grill pan over a medium–high heat. Add pork to pan and cook each side for 4 minutes or until done to your liking. Transfer pork to a plate and cover loosely with tinfoil to keep warm. Leave pork to rest for 3 minutes.
4 To make coleslaw, grate beetroot and squeeze out excess moisture. In a large bowl place cooked quinoa, beetroot, apple, onion, cabbage and parsley. Set aside.
5 Whisk dressing ingredients together in a small bowl and add to reserved coleslaw. Toss lightly to combine.
6 Divide coleslaw among plates and serve with grilled pork.
Make it gluten free: Check mustard is gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 8g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 10g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.