Harissa beef pilafReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 500g lean beef mince
- 4 teaspoons ground harissa
- 400g can cherry tomatoes
- 400g can lentils, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups chopped eggplantaubergineX
- 2 x 250g packs SunRice Rice and Chia
- 4 cups chopped spinach
- 4 tablespoons low-fat plain yoghurt, to serve
- ⅓ cup fresh coriandercilantroX, to serve
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium-high. Add onion and cook until softened. Add mince and cook until evenly browned. Add harissa and cook, stirring, for a further 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, lentils and eggplant, along with ¾ cup of water. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook rice according to packet directions. Add rice to mince, stir well and cook for a further 10 minutes. Add spinach and cook for 3 minutes.
- To serve, divide among 4 plates and top with yoghurt and coriander.
Make it gluten free: Check harissa is gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 13g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 15g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information