Herbed ricotta and chargrilled vegetable stacks
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 4 medium-large flat mushrooms, stems removed
- 450g peeled butternut pumpkin, thinly sliced
- 1 medium red onion, cut into wedges
- 1 medium red capsicum, thickly sliced
- 1 large courgette, thinly sliced
- 5 cups baby rocketarugulaX
- 3/4 cup ricotta
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 slices grainy bread, with a little reduced-fat spread, to serve
Total fat 21g
Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 10g
- Spray a large chargrill pan or barbecue hotplate with olive oil and heat to medium-high. Cook mushrooms, pumpkin, onion, capsicum and courgette, in batches, for 4 minutes each side, or until golden and tender.
- Meanwhile, finely chop half of the rocket and, in a small bowl, combine with ricotta. In a separate small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice with olive oil.
- Divide ricotta mix among 4 plates, creating the base layer of the stack. Place vegetables on top of ricotta with remaining rocket. Drizzle with lemon dressing. Serve with grainy bread on the side.
Having type 2 diabetes, or pre-diabetes, doesn't mean you can't enjoy amazing food! Here are hundreds of healthy and delicious type-2 diabetes-friendly recipes. Browse hundreds of high-fibre recipes. Delicious and healthy meal ideas with high fibre ingredients. Browse hundreds of low-kilojoule recipes. Delicious low-kilojoule/calorie meal and snack ideas. Browse hundreds of low sodium recipes. Lower your sodium intake with delicious and healthy meal ideas. Fresh, inspiring and healthy vegetarian recipes to help you maintain a balanced diet while living meat free. Our vegetarian recipes are full of goodness and perfect for vegetarians and people wanting to enjoy a meal without meat.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)
Author: Liz Macri -
Photographer: Mark O'Meara2018-08-14 09:19:57
Ready to put your health first?
© Healthy Life Media LimitedAll rights reservedReproduction without permission prohibited