Cauliflower soup with peas and potato
- 2 tablespoons olive or avocado oil, plus extra to serve
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1–2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 small (500g) whole cauliflower, chopped
- 1 large (300g) brushed potato, peeled, chopped
- 5 cups reduced-salt vegetable stock
- 2 cups frozen or fresh peas, plus extra, thawed, to serve
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- ¹⁄³ cup roughly chopped mint leaves
- 4 slices grainy sourdough, toasted, to serve
1 Heat olive oil in a large, heavy-based saucepan over a medium heat. Sauté the onion and garlic for 3–4 minutes, or until softened.
2 Add cauliflower and potato, stir to coat. Season with cracked black pepper. Pour in stock. Bring to the boil, partially cover, and simmer, reducing heat for 20–30 minutes, or until cauliflower and potatoes are soft. Add the peas and cook for 1–2 minutes.
3 Remove pot from the stove. Carefully blitz until smooth with a stick mixer. Season well. Divide soup between four serving bowls. Scatter with shallots, mint and extra peas. Drizzle with extra oil, season with cracked pepper, serve with sourdough.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 12.4g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 14.4g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.