Hoisin pork stir-fry with quick rice
(at time of publication)
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 400g pork fillet, thinly sliced
- 1 ½ cups snow peas, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1 large bunch broccoli, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons salt-reduced soy sauce
- 2 x 250g packets 90-second brown rice (I used SunRice)
1 Heat half the oil in a large non-stick frying pan or wok over a high heat. Stir-fry pork in batches for 2 minutes until cooked through. Set to one side. Add remaining oil and stir-fry snow peas for 1-2 minutes.
2 Return pork to pan with broccoli, garlic, hoisin sauce and soy sauce. Stir-fry for a further 2-3 minutes until broccoli is tender.
3 Meanwhile, cook rice following packet instructions. Lightly stir rice into pork and serve.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 10g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 7g
You can vary the vegetables you use in this recipe. Spring onions work well, as does broccolini.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us