- 3 slices soy and linseed bread
- cooking oil spray
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 2 sticks celery, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ cup macaroni pasta
- 2 ½ cups reduced-salt vegetable stock
- 2 ½ cups water
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 2 x 400g cans reduced-salt tomatoes
- 400g can cannellini or kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup green beans, topped and cut into 3cm lengths
- ¼ cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh basil, torn
- freshly ground black pepper
- parmesan (optional)
1 Toast or dry-fry the bread, then cut into 2cm pieces.
2 Meanwhile, heat a spray of oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, carrot and celery. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Stir in garlic.
3 Add pasta, stock and bay leaves and bring to the boil. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes.
4 Stir in tomato, cannellini or kidney beans and green beans. Cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes, or until pasta is tender and soup is hot. Remove from heat. Taste and season with pepper. Ladle into serving bowls. Top with croutons, parsley and parmesan (if using) and serve.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 7g
Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 14g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us