Honey and ginger tofuReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 75g firm tofu*
- 2 teaspoons liquid honey
- 1 teaspoon reduced-fat spread
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh ginger
- ½ cup frozen stir-fry vegetable mix
- ¼ capsicum, sliced
- 2 asparagus spears, chopped
- 4cm leek, sliced (optional)
- ¼ cup red kidney beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 cup cooked rice, to serve
- *NOTE: Ingredients with an asterisk (*) indicate that although this ingredient is usually gluten-free, it's wise to check the label to be sure as product ingredients can vary and formulations can change.
1 Cut tofu in even-sized pieces. Place honey and spread in a microwave-safe container and heat until spread is melted.
2 Place tofu in a sealed container. Add honey-spread mix and ginger. Seal and shake to mix. Leave to marinate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
3 Heat a non-stick pan or wok with a little oil spray. Cook frozen vegetables until just warm. Add fresh vegetables and kidney beans. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
4 Lower heat and add tofu and half the marinade. Cook for a few minutes. Serve with rice.
RUNNER-UP: Meals for one category
HFG Reader Recipe Competition 2010
Meri Westlake, Auckland
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 9g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 8g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information