Bacon, beetroot and lentil salad
Time to make: 1 hr
( Hands-on time: 10 mins )
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 6 fresh beetrootbeetsX, washed
- cooking oil spray
- 1 cup green or brown lentils
- 2 1/2 cups liquid gluten-free chicken stock
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled, chopped
- 200g gluten-free bacon, grilled until crunchy
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
Total fat 4g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 6g
1 Preheat oven to 220°C. Place beetroot in a baking dish. Spray with oil. Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes, or until tender.
2 In a saucepan, bring lentils and stock to the boil. Cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed.
3 Spray a frying pan with oil. Place over a medium heat. Cook onion, celery and garlic until clear. Add lentils. Crumble bacon and stir through. Transfer to a large bowl.
4 Peel and dice beetroot. Toss with herbs through lentils.
Allergy-friendly dinner party for six
Whether gluten-free, vegetarian, lactose intolerant or just plain picky, any one of these simple recipes will accommodate dietary requirements – while pleasing everyone’s taste buds at the same time!
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)