- olive spray oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 125g mushrooms, sliced
- 1 green capsicum, deseeded, diced
- 1 ½ teaspoons peri peri sauce
- 400g can red kidney beans, drained, rinsed
- 400g can diced Italian tomatoes
- 4 eggs
- ½ bunch coriandercilantroX, roughly chopped (optional)
- 8 light flour tortillas, toasted or chargrilled
1 Spray a non-stick frying pan with oil. Add onion, mushrooms and capsicum. Cook over a medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 8 minutes, or until vegetables are soft. Stir in peri peri sauce.
2 Add kidney beans and tomatoes. Stir until well combined. Cook for 4 minutes, or until mixture comes to the boil.
3 Break eggs on vegetable mixture and cover frying pan. Simmer for 3-4 minutes, or until egg whites are cooked. Sprinkle with coriander (if using) and serve immediately with tortillas.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 13g
–Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 12g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like