(at time of publication)
- olive oil spray
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 125g mushrooms, sliced
- 1 green capsicum, deseeded, diced
- 1 ½ teaspoons peri peri sauce
- 400g can red kidney beans, drained, rinsed
- 400g can diced Italian tomatoes
- 4 eggs
- ½ bunch coriandercilantroX, roughly chopped (optional)
- 8 light flour tortillas, toasted or chargrilled
1 Spray a non-stick frying pan with oil. Add onion, mushrooms and capsicum. Cook over a medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 8 minutes, or until vegetables are soft. Stir in peri peri sauce.
2 Add kidney beans and tomatoes. Stir until well combined. Cook for 4 minutes, or until mixture comes to the boil.
3 Break eggs on vegetable mixture and cover frying pan. Simmer for 3-4 minutes, or until egg whites are cooked. Sprinkle with coriander (if using) and serve immediately with tortillas.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 13g
–Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 12g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us