Huli Huli chicken and pineapple skewers with coconut rice
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons reduced-salt, reduced-sugar tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons reduced-salt soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 600g chicken breast fillets, roughly chopped
- 1 corn sweetcornXcob, husk and silk removed
- ¼ fresh pineapple, peeled, cored, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 baby cucumbers, cut into wedges
- 1 avocado, roughly chopped
- 120g mixed baby salad leaves
- 2 x 250g packets microwavable coconut basmati rice
1 Place syrup, sauces and vinegar in a large bowl, stirring to combine. Add chicken, stirring to coat. Set aside to marinate for 8 minutes.
2 Meanwhile, heat a barbecue chargrill plate over medium-high heat. Add corn and cook for 2 minutes each side or until charred and tender. When cool enough to handle, cut corn kernels from cob (see Cook’s tip). Discard cob.
3 Alternate threading pieces of chicken and pineapple onto 8 metal or pre-soaked wooden skewers. Drizzle chargrill plate with a little oil, then add skewers and cook, turning and basting with remaining marinade, for 10 minutes or until chicken is charred and cook through.
4 Meanwhile, whisk together lemon juice and olive oil in a large bowl. Add cucumber, avocado, corn kernels and salad leaves, tossing to combine.
5 Heat rice according to packet instructions. Divide rice among serving plates, top with skewers and serve with chargrilled corn salad.
Remove corn kernels by standing the cob upright on a flat surface, then using a sharp knife to cut down sides of cob, rotating cob as you go.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 17.5g
–Saturated fat 6.6g
Dietary fibre 7.3g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.