Prawn, avocado and peanut rice paper rolls
- 2 cups shredded Chinese cabbage
- 2 large carrots, grated
- ¼ cup chopped roasted, unsalted peanuts
- ¼ cup chopped fresh coriandercilantroX
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 12 x 21cm-diameter rice paper rounds (see tips)
- 24 fresh mint leaves
- 1½ cups snow peas or green beans, trimmed, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 ripe avocado, halved, thinly sliced
- 200g cooked peeled prawns (thawed if frozen)
- 1 tablespoon reduced-salt soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
1 In a large bowl, place cabbage, carrot, peanuts and coriander. Add 1 tablespoon of the sweet chilli sauce and toss to combine.
2 Fill a large bowl with warm water. Dip 1 rice paper round into water for 10-20 seconds, or until just soft. Place on a clean kitchen cloth to absorb excess water. Place 2 mint leaves in centre of the round. Top with some cabbage mixture, snow peas, avocado and 1/12 of the prawns. Fold up sides and roll to firmly enclose filling. Repeat to make 12 rice paper rolls.
3 In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, lime juice and remaining sweet chilli sauce. Serve rolls with the soy dipping sauce.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 16g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 7g
Make it gluten free: Check sweet chilli sauce and soy sauce are gluten free.
Make it vegan: Use vegan prawn alternative and check sweet chilli sauce and rice paper rounds are vegan.
Check the nutrition panels and choose rice paper wrappers with less than 800mg sodium per 100g. Lower is better.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us