Italian sausage hot pot
Time to make: 3 hrs 15 mins
( Hands-on time: 15 mins )
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 6 lean sausages (we used Mad Butcher 95% fat free Italian sausages)
- 1 onion, chopped in chunks
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 carrot, cut in chunks
- 1 stalk celery, cut in chunks
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded, cut in chunks
- 1 green capsicum, deseeded, cut in chunks
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 cups salt-reduced liquid beef stock
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups large pasta shapes, eg. spirals, shells, penne
- 2 cups sliced fresh or frozen green beans
- grated fresh parmesan cheese, to serve
Total fat 5g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 5g
1 Turn the slow cooker on high while preparing ingredients. Boil sausages until firm. Drain and cut in thick slices.
2 Add onion, garlic, carrot, celery, capsicums, oregano, stock and tomatoes to slow cooker. Top with sausage slices. Cook on high for 2-3 hours or on low for 5-6 hours or until vegetables are just tender.
3 Add pasta shapes and beans. Cook for 1 more hour or until pasta is firm but cooked. Serve with parmesan and parsley.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free sausages, stock and pasta.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)