Stir-fried curried rice with soft-boiled eggsReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 250g (1 ¼ cups) brown rice
- 4 teaspoons oil
- 5cm piece ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 ½ teaspoons curry powder
- ⅓ cup reduced-salt vegetable stock
- 2 ½ cups halved mushrooms
- 4 eggs, soft-boiled
- 1 ½ cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 3 cups finely chopped baby spinach leaves
- ⅓ cup crushed unsalted peanuts
- ½ cup chopped fresh coriandercilantroX
- To serve
- ⅓ cup low-fat plain yoghurt
- ⅓ cup fresh coriandercilantroX
- pinch paprika
1 Cook rice in boiling water until tender. Drain and set aside.
2 Heat oil in a large non-stick pan. Add ginger, chilli, garlic and spring onions. Cook for 3—4 minutes until softened. Add curry powder; cook for a further minute.
2 Add rice with stock and mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Soft-boil eggs (see Back to basics: Eggs), then run under cold water. Set aside.
3 Stir remaining veges into rice with peanuts and coriander. Heat through and season to taste. Spoon rice between serving bowls. Shell and halve eggs.
4 Add eggs to rice with a spoonful of yoghurt, coriander and a sprinkle of paprika.
Make it gluten free: Check paprika, curry powder and stock are gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 19g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 7g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information