Sticky hoisin chicken with sesame noodle coleslaw
- ⅓ cup hoisin sauce
- 12 (400g) chicken tenderloins, trimmed
- 125g dried noodles
- 3 spring onions, trimmed, sliced
- 100g snow peas, trimmed, thinly sliced lengthways
- 1 medium carrot, peeled, cut in matchsticks
- ¼ small Chinese cabbage, shredded
- 1 medium red capsicum, thinly sliced
- ½ cup bean sprouts, trimmed
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- ½ tablespoon sesame oil
1 Place hoisin sauce and 2 tablespoons cold water in a medium bowl. Add chicken. Toss to coat. Heat a large frying pan over a medium-high heat. Cook chicken, pouring over any remaining marinade, for 4-5 minutes each side or until cooked through.
2 Meanwhile, place noodles in a small heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Stand for 5 minutes or until noodles are tender. Separate noodles with a fork. Drain. Refresh under cold water.
3 Combine noodles, two-thirds of the onions, and the remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Toss to combine. Serve chicken with sesame coleslaw and sprinkle with the remaining onion.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 11g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 4g
Swap chicken with pork loin steaks or fillet if you prefer.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us