Kumara and beetroot frittata
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 350g kumarasweet-potatoX, cut into chunks
- 6 eggs
- 3 tablespoons trim milk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium cooked beetrootbeetsX, diced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme or 5 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 75g feta cheese, crumbled
- 4 slices sourdough bread, to serve
- 1 to 2 cloves garlic, kept whole, to serve
- 4 to 5 teaspoons olive oil for drizzling, to serve
Total fat 19g
Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 5g
1 Cook kumara in microwave on high for 3-4 minutes with 2 tablespoons water.
2 Lightly beat eggs and milk.
3 Heat oil in a pan large enough to fit all the veges. Add onion and cook until softened. Add beetroot and thyme and cook for a further minute.
3 Add kumara to pan. Pour over egg mixture and allow base to set slightly. Then scrape the base and tilt the pan, allowing any uncooked egg to run underneath and cook. Cook on gentle heat until edges begin to set and the centre has a slight wobble.
4 Crumble over cheese. Put under a hot grill for 2-3 minutes until golden.
5 For the bruschetta, heat a pan over a medium heat, then add bread and toast lightly on both sides. Remove toast from griddle.
6 Drizzle with a little olive oil then rub slices with whole garlic. Serve frittata with bruschetta.
You can replace the thyme with any fresh herbs you may have or use dried mixed herbs.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free bread.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us