Kumara and courgette fritters with avocado salsa
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1 cup grated courgette
- 2 cups peeled and grated kumarasweet-potatoX
- 1 cup peeled and grated carrot
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 cup plain flourall purpose flourX
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- oil spray
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 capsicum, chopped
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 3 cups baby spinach leaves, finely chopped
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- Sweet chilli dip
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons mild sweet chilli sauce
Total fat 21g
Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 7g
1 Place grated courgette between paper towels and squeeze out excess liquid. Add courgette to a large bowl with kumara, carrot, onion, parsley, cumin and flour. Season with salt and pepper. Add eggs and mix until combined.
2 Heat a large non-stick fry pan on a medium heat and spray with oil. Fry quarter-cup measures of batter in batches, for 3—4 minutes each side, until golden. Repeat until all mixture is used.
3 To make salsa, combine ingredients in a large bowl.
4 In a small bowl, combine cottage cheese and sweet chilli sauce; mix well.
5 Serve fritters with sweet chilli dip, and salsa on the side.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free flour and check ground cumin and sweet chilli sauce are gluten free.
- Press down on top of each fritter with a fish slice or the back of a spoon. This helps the fritter form a crust as it cooks.
- Freeze the fritters in single portions for handy meals for one. Serve with quarter amounts of the salsa and dip.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us