Sweet potato, salmon and corn fritters
(at time of publication)
- 3 cups kumarasweet-potatoX/sweet potato, peeled and grated
- 1 cup frozen corn sweetcornXkernels, thawed
- 2 shallots, finely sliced
- 210g can red salmon, drained, flaked
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriandercilantroX, plus extra leaves to garnish
- ½ cup plain flourall purpose flourX
- ½ cup grated reduced-fat tasty cheese
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cups mixed salad leaves, to serve
- ¼ cup reduced-fat sour cream, to serve
1 Preheat oven to 160ºC. In a large bowl, combine kumara, corn, shallots, salmon, coriander, flour, cheese and eggs. Season fritter mixture with black pepper.
2 Spray a large non-stick frying pan with olive oil and set over a medium heat. Make 4 fritters with ¹/³-cupful each of the mix. Press down and cook for 2-3 minutes each side, turning once. Repeat with remaining mix to make 12 fritters. Transfer fritters to a baking tray, and place in oven to keep warm.
3 Arrange salad on 4 plates and top each with three fritters and sour cream. Garnish with coriander leaves.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free flour and check sour cream is gluten free.
Make it low FODMAP: Use 300g kumara and 100g potato, replace shallots with green spring onion tips, and use reduced-fat mayonnaise instead of sour cream.
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.
You might also be interested in our guide to choosing canned fish
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 20g
–Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 5g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.