Quinoa and courgette fritters with dill tzatziki
- 4 courgettezucchiniXszucchini, summer squashX, grated
- 50g crumbled feta
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- ⅔ cup quinoa flakes
- 3 tablespoons tamari almonds, finely chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup tzatziki (yoghurt and cucumber dip)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 4 wholemeal pita pockets, to serve
- 4-6 cups mixed salad leaves, to serve
1 Squeeze excess moisture from courgettes using a paper towel. In a bowl, combine courgettes, feta, spring onions, quinoa flakes, almonds and eggs. Mix well.
2 Spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and place over a medium-high heat. Drop quarter-cupfuls of courgette mixture into the pan. Flatten each slightly. Cook fritters for 2–3 minutes each side, or until lightly golden and cooked.
3 Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine tzatziki and dill.
4 Serve fritters with pita, salad leaves and dill tzatziki.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free pita or wraps and plain roasted almonds, and check tzatziki is gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 16g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 11g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like