Lamb and cauliflower brown rice pilaf
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- olive oil spray
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garam masala
- 400g lean lamb mince
- 1 cup brown basmati rice
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 2 cups reduced-salt beef stock
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1/4 cup toasted slivered almonds, to garnish
- fresh coriandercilantroX leaves, to garnish
- 2 cups steamed green beans, to serve
Total fat 16g
Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 7g
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and set over medium heat. Gently fry onion for 4–5 minutes, or until softened. Increase heat to high. Add garlic, garam masala and mince. Cook for 5 minutes or until lamb is browned.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add rice, carrot and stock to pan. Gently simmer for 15–20 minutes, or until stock has been absorbed and carrot and rice are tender. Add cauliflower in final 5 minutes of cooking.
- Divide pilaf between serving plates. Garnish with almonds and coriander and serve with beans.
Don’t have garam masala on hand? You can replace it with 1 tablespoon curry powder.
Make it gluten free: Check ground spice and stock are gluten free.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)