Minted lamb with Greek salad and tzatziki
- 2 teaspoons olive oil plus 1 tablespoon, extra
- 1 lemon, zest
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 bunch fresh mint
- 500g lamb backstrap or lean lamb leg steaks
- 1 head baby cos lettuce, trimmed, shredded
- 4 tomatoes, cut in wedges
- 1 large cucumber, halved lengthways, sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 12 kalamata olives
- 100g reduced-fat feta cheese
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 200g tub low-fat tzatziki (yoghurt, cucumber, mint mix)
- 2 large wholemeal pita breads, cut in wedges
1 Combine the 2 teaspoons oil, lemon zest, 2 tablespoons lemon juice and seasoning in a shallow, non-metallic bowl. Roughly chop half the mint and add to bowl. Add lamb, turning to coat with marinade. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
2 To make Greek salad, finely shred the remaining mint and place in a bowl. Add lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, onion, olives, feta, the remaining oil, garlic and the remaining lemon juice. Season with black pepper and toss until well combined.
3 Place a chargrill pan over a medium-high heat (or heat a barbecue hotplate to medium- high). Once hot, add lamb and cook each side for 3 minutes for medium rare or cook to your liking. Transfer to a plate, cover with tinfoil and rest for 10 minutes. Thinly slice lamb and serve with salad, tzatziki and pita bread.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free pita bread and check tzatziki is gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 17g
–Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 8g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like